Ancient DNA analyses in the studies of the Roman Iron and Middle Ages history of Central Europe
Faculty of Biology at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan announces a call for the Post-doc position in the Department of Human Evolutionary Biology, in the interdisciplinary project entitled “Dynasty and population of the Piast state in view of the integrated historical, anthropological and genomic studies", funded by the National Science Centre (SYMPHONY 2). Principal investigator: Prof. Marek Figlerowicz, principal investigator of anthropological-genetic team: Prof. Janusz Piontek.
Applicants for the position should meet the following qualification criteria:
- PhD degree in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biology or equivalent;
- Knowledge of statistical and bioinformatics methods for ancient human population analysis;
- Basic understanding of molecular biology and population genetics;
- Research skills proven by publication record;
- Good knowledge in spoken and written English;
- Experience in analyzing high throughout sequencing data of aDNA genomic libraries;
- Documented experience in working with ancient DNA.
Description of tasks:
Analyzing the NGS data in regard to:
- Identifying nuclear SNPs datasets and performing statistical comparative studies using e.g. principal components analysis (population structure), admixture tests etc.;
- Processing of raw NGS sequencing data, sequence mapping and data quality assessment.
Universitetslektor i arbetsterapi
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Postdoctoral Researcher In Experimental Quantum Photonics And Condensed Matter Physics
Professor, Centrum för forskning om barns och ungdomars psykiska hälsa
Karlstads universitet Karlstad
Universitetslektor i ekonomisk historia
Stockholms universitet Tukholma
Postdoctroal Researcher (Forest soil science)
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland