PhD student in genetics
100% - Ref.: IOB036
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking highly motivated PhD students to join the Genetics Group (Prof. Rivolta University of Basel).
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innova-tions in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
The Genetics group is involved in forefront research on hereditary blindness, by applying both a computational and an experimental approach to the analysis of raw genomic data. Our main goal is the identification of DNA mutations that lead to visual loss and the study of the mo-lecular mechanisms that are impaired by such mutations.
- Perform high-quality research in the field of medical genetics, and in particular of oph-thalmic genetics
- MSc in computational biology, computer sciences, molecular biology, genetics, or equivalent field, or MD degree
- Enthusiasm to develop new research activities
- Highly organized, highly motivated
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Cross-sectional knowledge (genetics or biology for candidates with a degree in informat-ics and informatics for candidates with a degree in biology or medicine) is a plus
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by October 31st, 2019. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writ-ing the reference number
(IOB036) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Josephine Puttkammer (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 79 852 75 32).
Työnantajan muut ilmoitukset
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
UNIVERSITETSLEKTOR I MATEMATIKDIDAKTIK
University of Helsinki Helsingfors
Doctoral Reserarcher (Machine Listening)
Tampere University Finland
Medical PhD candidate 'Precision psychiatry in autism spectrum disorders: drug repurposing
Radboud University Medical Centre (Radboudumc)