Research Assistant / Laboratory Manager
100% - Ref.: IOB034
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivat-ed Research Assistant to join the Genetics Group (Prof. Rivolta) and support the daily labora-tory activities of the research team.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innova-tions in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
The Genetics group is involved in forefront research on hereditary blindness, by applying both a computational and an experimental approach to the analysis of raw genomic data. Our main goal is the identification of DNA mutations that lead to visual loss and the study of the mo-lecular mechanisms that are impaired by such mutations.
- Assist the members of the research lab in their daily activities, including the ordering of material, its storage, and its organization
- Organize and maintain the local biobank of patients with hereditary blindness, by extract-ing their DNA from blood and other biological samples and storing it for future use
- Supervise the general organization of the laboratory
- Design and conduct experiments involving molecular biology techniques and cell lines
- Interpret data from experiments and participate in research meetings
- Federal Certificate of Proficiency (EFZ/CFC) as a laboratory technician or a University degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in molecular biology, genetics or equivalent field
- Very good skills in molecular biology and with cell cultures
- Enthusiasm to establish and optimize new protocols and techniques
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and skilled with computers
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Fluency in oral and written German (as a plus)
- Basic knowledge of human or medical genetics (as a plus)
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st, 2019. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writ-ing the reference number
(IOB034) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Josephine Puttkammer (email@example.com / +41 79 852 75 32).
Työnantajan muut ilmoitukset
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
UNIVERSITETSLEKTOR I MATEMATIKDIDAKTIK
University of Helsinki Helsingfors
Doctoral Reserarcher (Machine Listening)
Tampere University Finland
Medical PhD candidate 'Precision psychiatry in autism spectrum disorders: drug repurposing
Radboud University Medical Centre (Radboudumc)